Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP)
Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program is a voluntary program that helps to improve the health of low-income pregnant women and provide their babies with a healthy start to life. They do this by providing enhanced Medi-Cal reimbursements to CPSP-certified obstetrical providers – such as Fresno Ob-Gyn Dr. Gail Mallard-Warren – who implement these procedures in their practices.
The objectives of CPSP are to:
- Encourage early and ongoing prenatal care;
- Reduce the incidences of low-birth weight infants;
- Better outcomes of every pregnancy;
- Lower health care costs by preventing serious and chronic illness in infants and children.
Which services are included?
CPSP services include:
- Complete prenatal care;
- Health education;
- Nutritional appraisal;
- Educational services;
- Psychosocial assessment and referrals reinforcement for up to 60 days following delivery;
- Client orientation, support and follow-up services;
- Individualized case coordination;
- Prenatal vitamin and mineral supplements;
- Prenatal and postpartum education.
CPSP physicians provide services to women patients who have Medi-Cal insurance; however, low-income patients who do not have Medi-Cal or private insurance can still begin their prenatal care by going to a provider that accepts presumptive eligibility (P.E.). There are other programs available to women who do not qualify for Medi-Cal, such as Healthy Families and AIM.
If you are interested in learning more about Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program – and are in need of a caring and experienced OB-GYN Fresno CA residents rely on the professional and caring staff at the office of Dr. Gail Mallard-Warren.
Don’t wait – call us today at (559) 432-4963 to schedule your appointment.Request an Appointment